Dr. Hua Lu - Profile
Atmospheric Processes and Variability
- Stratosphere-troposphere coupling: investigating how perturbation imposed in the middle and upper stratosphere can be transmitted downwards to the lower stratosphere and troposphere dynamically;
- Sun-climate connection: detecting multiple solar signals in the atmospheric data and understanding how solar response at the upper atmosphere affects weather and climate at the layers closer to the Earth's surface;
- Aeolian dust transport;
- Land-air interactions with an emphasis on particulate uplifting.
- representation of sediment (by water) source generation, transport and deposition from plot to catchment then to continental scales;
- Quantify complex environmental problems using complex systems theories, multidisciplinary knowledge, integrated approaches and spatially distributed climate, terrain, soil and remote sensing vegetation data.
- Applications in environmental impact and risk assessment, especially water quality and water availability;
- Spatial optimization for land use allocation and best management practices (BMPs) placement for water quality control.