Cape Geddes Station C — History
Location of Station C — Cape Geddes
(Second station with letter C)
Position: Lat. 60° 41′ S, Long. 44° 34′ W
General location: Ferguslie Peninsula, Laurie Island, South Orkney Islands.
Meteorology and survey.
21 Jan 1946 – 17 Mar 1947.
Established to replace Sandefjord Bay hut (Station C) which had been erected the previous year. Closed when Signy Island Station (Station H) was established.
The hut was named Cardinall House after Sir Alan Cardinall, Governor of the Falkland Islands in 1946.
Closed. Used periodically by Argentine personnel from Orcadas Station as a bird hide and field refuge.