BAS is not responsible for the content of external sites.
There are over 200 people employed across many scientific disciplines, including:
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences (including ecology and evolutionary biology)
- Earth Science (including atmospheric science, geology, geophysics, glaciology and oceanography)
- Environment & Information
Across the whole team we employ a range of different people including Research Scientists and Assistants, Technicians and Analysts.
There are a number of profiles of scientists who have worked in both Cambridge and Antarctica. Hopefully these will give you a realistic impression of some of the work, the working environment and the Antarctic conditions (in every sense).
There are also other scientific roles within our Antarctic Science Research Support team. These roles include Zoological Field Assistants, Marine Biologists, Data Managers, Physicists and Meteorologists.
- Read about some of the experiences of our people
- Watch video interviews with some of NERC’s scientists. In the videos they discuss what their jobs entail and what they enjoy most about their chosen career.