Starting an application
On the Current Vacancies page,
- Click the job title that you’d like to apply for to view the job description
- Click the “Apply” tab from the job description
- On the “Apply” tab, click “Apply Now”.
- You will be asked to either log in or create a new account.
- If you already have an account, you will have received an email with a password — use your email address and the password you received to log in. You will then be presented with an application form.
- If you do not have an account, scroll down to the “First Time Applicant” section and enter your email address. You also have to agree to the BAS data collection policy — if you agree to these terms click “sign up” and begin your application. You will then be presented with an application form.
Filling in the application form
The online application form has tabs at the top that represent different sections of the form, e.g. ‘Personal Details’, ‘Education’, etc. The tabs allow you to work on small portions of the application at a time. Every time you click a tab to move between sections of the application form, the information you have already entered is saved. You can also save your progress at any point by clicking the ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the form.
Some sections of the application form are required information. These fields have an asterisk (*) next to the field name. When you submit your application you will be told if there are any sections you have not filled in.
Saving and returning to your application
You don’t have to finish your application in one go — you can save it at any point and come back to work on it later. When you sign up for the first time you will be sent an email that provides you your password for your account. Use your email address and this password to login and continue your applications.
- From the Current Vacancies section, click the “Log in” link and enter your email and password.
- Once logged in click on ‘My Applications’ on the left. This contains a list of your applications that are in progress or that you have submitted.
- Click on the job title to continue your application.
Submitting your application
When you have filled out all the information you need to on all the tabs:
- Click the “Complete” tab
- Fill in your name as a signature and click “Submit application”
- Confirm that you want to submit it.
You will be sent an email confirming that your application is now submitted. You won’t be able to edit it any more at this point.
Applying for more than one vacancy at the same time
You will need to submit an application form for every position you are interested in being considered for. Please do not submit one application form to apply for a number of different posts, as this will not necessarily be picked up by the recruitment office.