Job Vacancy - Electrical Power Generation Technician
Please quote ref no: BAS 03/14
Closing date for applications: 20 Apr 2014 at 11:59pm
|1.||Job Title:||Electrical Power Generation Technician|
|Reference No:||BAS 03/14|
|Line Manager:||Facilities Engineer|
|Contract Type:||Antarctic Employment Pool (AEP)|
To take responsibility for all planned maintenance, reactive repair, support and upkeep of all static and mobile electrical power producing plant and equipment on Station. Including the planned maintenance, reactive repair, support and upkeep of all non-mobile plant and equipment i.e. Nifty Lift, air compressors, chain saws etc.
- Maintenance and repair of all electrical power producing plant and equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of all non-mobile plant and equipment.
- Responsible for all aspects of Station electrical power production.
- Responsible for all generator maintenance schedules.
- Responsible for all maintenance of mobile generator plant.
- Responsible for all non-mobile plant and equipment i.e. Nifty Lift, air compressors, chain saws etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of power generation controllers.
- Responsible for refuelling the Station wide fuel tanks.
- Reporting of problems or work requests to the line manager.
- Carrying out works as directed by the line manager.
- Carrying out the pre-planned maintenance (PPM) programme.
- Carrying out non-routine repair and maintenance as necessary, to ensure the safe, efficient and effective operational needs of the Station.
- Carrying out and supervising the installation of refurbishment works as required to meet the efficient and effective operational needs of the Station.
- Maintenance of tools and resources required to complete all maintenance and repair works.
- Maintaining and revising material and tools stock lists, to ensure that sufficient and adequate spares, equipment and materials are available to carry out all required PPM. Including all planned and programmed repair / replacement works for the following year.
- Reporting and documenting all works carried out through the PPM system.
- Recording and documenting of all reactive works carried out.
- Recording and advising on the requirement to add elements to the PPM system.
- Recording and documenting weekly and monthly installed meter readings.
- Production of an annual report on the condition of Station plant conditions and services, which should include any recommended improvements.
- Work with other staff to ensure efficient and effective operational needs of the Station are maintained.
- Undertake other general duties as required or directed by the line manager and Station Commander.
- If deployed to Bird Island or Signy, be responsible for all mechanical and electrical services, including electrical power generation.